A Knitter in Transition

My adventures - in knitting, marriage, and moving across hemispheres.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The Hood

It's Barley here, and I'll be posting for Mamma today. I know this is supposed to be all about "knitting" (whatever that is) but the "knitting" project she's working on keeps getting "frogged." I don't know what that is either, but it sounds tasty. All I know is I keep hearing "just let me finish this row, and then I'll walk you," and her muttering about a bleeping pattern writer smoking bleeping crack, and bleeping row bleeping gauge. I think she'd feel much better if she would untangle the string from her paws and scratch my ears and maybe give me some cheese.

I'm gonna give you the inside scoops on my neighborhood. Let's start with our den.

We have 2 flights of stairs to run up and down and two patios where I can oversee my domain. I have a food bowl, a water bowl, a bed in the living room, a bed on the patio, and a bed in mamma and daddy's room. Personally, I think they should let me on their bed, but they have this "thing" about being "alpha." Whatever. I have some toys, but I only like the Kong, and only when it's stuffed with kibble and peanut butter.

Every morning, before it's even light out, Dad drags me to the park and forces me to pee. Then I go back to sleep, and Mamma and I come out when it's much brighter. Here's my park:

A little FYI, the chipmunk thingy is the best place to pee.

Almost every day, we go to the beach.

The beach is awesome because there are about a million things to sniff. If I haven't just had a bath, Mamma lets me go in the water. Some of the best things to do on the beach are pee and poop! If you're really lucky, you might find a dead fish or crab to sniff, but do NOT try to eat it, cause Mamma gets right pissed. Mamma took pics of me doing some fun things:
-Hunting sea birds. I am an excellent hunter, I've just had bad luck so far. I'm pretty sure I'll catch that bird tomorrow.

-Hunting sea weed. This one is easy, cause it can't fly like those darn birds. Also, you might think sea water LOOKS tasty, but no matter how many times I try it, I just can't develop the taste. Maybe next time...


We also like to visit the sea wall.

There are a lot of great places to pee here, and other dogs think so too. Sometimes, Mamma has to wait cause there are so many great smells and other dogs to meet. There are funny creatures here that come up out of the water, with big metal tubes on their backs, but then they talk, and they sound just like people, so who knows!?!?

People like to paint pictures on the wall, here's the one Mamma thinks is the funniest:


Thanks for coming along with me. I'm gonna go try and convince Mamma that I need some peanut butter for all this hard work.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:11 PM PST, Blogger Heather said…

    Barley you are a great blogger! Pleast thank your momma for us. And tell her I owe her a long email as soon as I can clean up my home computer and get hers. And tell her we miss her lots.

     
  • At 6:40 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Excellent post Barley. Sounds like you found some good humans to live with. If you can keep a secret, I'll tell you that I will be sending your Mamma a package this weekend. Don't tell her, ok?

     
  • At 6:41 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ooops.

    that was from me, SP7

     
  • At 9:50 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey fellow knitter! i recognized the sea wall as i lived in various parts of okinawa; from kadena to naha. i loved shopping down gate 2 st. outside of kadena. i made many friendships with the local nationals and loved the culture immensely. enjoy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home