A Knitter in Transition

My adventures - in knitting, marriage, and moving across hemispheres.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Sexy?

As a member of the Sexy Knitters' Club, I decided to knit Orangina. Glampyre has a kicky little pattern here, all cute, and sexy too. I'm not sure this falls into any of those categories:


Granted, the photo's not that great. I'm finally a TRUE knit blogger, having taken pictures of myself under the key conditions:
1. Late at night...
2. In some stage of either a. undress or b. jammie-dress...
3. Headless...
4. In the bathroom mirror...
5. With either a. flash reflection or b. camera shadow... (extra points for both)
6. Wearing a piece of (partially) knit-wear in some stage of construction.

I'm not too sure where to go with this one. I have some ideas. I could keep going as planned and knit from here down in ribbing. I could keep going in the lace pattern and figure out a way to add in waist shaping; basically creating a new pattern of a lace shell. I could frog and do either of these ideas in a bigger, (more boob-friendly) size. I could frog and find something else to do with the yarn. Oy. Given that I want a top I will actually wear, and, ideally, admit to having made, this turn of events is NO BUENO.

What would you do?

6 Comments:

  • At 2:46 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Leave it like it is and knit Hooters in bright orange across the front. hee hee.

     
  • At 5:26 AM PDT, Blogger Sarah said…

    I'd probably frog it and find something more boob friendly.

    My $0.02.

     
  • At 8:36 AM PDT, Blogger Pam said…

    You could maybe find a coordinating tank top to wear under it.

     
  • At 9:48 AM PDT, Blogger Heather said…

    I say keep going with the pattern and like Pam says, wear a cute tank underneath.

     
  • At 8:45 PM PDT, Blogger knitannie said…

    Cool photo. I think it looks great, keep going. I have been tempted a few times to knit this for myself. NOt really one to wear knitwear in summer though.

     
  • At 11:42 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love this top I am also working on it and I am no way near as far along as you are though.

    I would go a little farther with the lace not to much then do the ribbing. I think it will look great!

    SP8

     

Post a Comment

<< Home