A Knitter in Transition

My adventures - in knitting, marriage, and moving across hemispheres.

Monday, May 08, 2006

SP8

Ok, so I'm a little freaked out about SP8. I got all signed up, and even got an e-mail from the hostesses that I'm "in," but I haven't got my SP yet, and I'm not on the participants page.

Just in case I'm still "in," here goes:

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like knitting just about everything. I love blue sky alpacas. Lorna's Laces. Malabrigo. So far, the only thing I don't like knitting with is Red Heart and boucle/popcorn bumpy type stuff. The Red heart is too squeaky, and I'm slow enough with out having to wrestle bumply yarn into stitches! =)

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I keep the case they came in, for quick ID, and then they are roughly sorted by sized into a hanging jewelry thing in the "yarn closet."

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting for about 5 years now, and would say I'm intermediate. I COULD know a lot more techniques, but I'm usually too lazy to get out the books.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Sorry, no.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Genuine Jasmine. Genuine lavender. Herby green scents. Creamy scents. C.O. Bigelow lemon lotion is the perfect tart/creamy combo!

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I have a killer sweet tooth. I LOVE dark dark chocolate. Sadly, it's about a million degrees where I live, so most candies wouldn't survive the journey.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I like to scrapbook, but it's rare. I like to dream about my dream house. I don't spin.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like top-40 type stuff. Rock? John Mayer, Goo Goo Dolls, David Gray, Jason Mraz. Christian music, too, Jeremy Camp, Steven Curtis Chapman, Matthew West.

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love color in general. Right now, I'm really drawn to aquas and bright oranges/corals.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I'm married to a wonderful guy (the Lt) who's better than I could ever deserve, and we have a dog, Barley, who follows me around all day.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Scarves, yes. The rest, no.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Right now, I really want to felt. Also, garments for me.

13. What are you knitting right now?
I'm in the Sexy Knitters' Club, working on my aqua Orangina. I just started knitting blankets for charity. In the marination chamber, I have a child's pattern I'm working on, and the Girl from Auntie's Eris.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
YES!!!!!!!!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Aluminum Circular. Any brand!

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes to both.

17. How did you learn to knit?
I walked into the Quarter Stitch, a teensy knitting shop in the heart of the French Quarter, and fell in love with every ball of yarn in the joint. Ten minutes later, I was working on my first baby sweater, in Lamb's Pride and Noro Kueryon.

18. How old is your oldest UFO?
Oy. Right now, it's got to be the socks I started in March of 2004. I have one totally done, but it's not a pair, so I consider it a UFO.

19. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas. Is there any other?

20. Is there anything that you collect?
Hmm...bees and fleurs de lys. (botanical style bees, not cartoon bees.)

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I subscribe to IK. Books, I would love Knitting on the Edge, Yarn Harlot's 2nd or 3rd, Big Girl Knits, or the Vogue Ultimate Knitting Book.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Fair Isle would be cool. It's just about the only thing that will turn me away fron a project.

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I am NOT a sock knitter. Which is funny because I love many sock yarns, and can spend hours on-line all googly over other peoples hand-knit socks, and surfing sock patterns.

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
July 4th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home