A Knitter in Transition

My adventures - in knitting, marriage, and moving across hemispheres.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

It's Jake's Fault

Well, I joined my first KAL, I'm doing the Orangina pattern with the Sexy Knitters' Club. It's a really great pattern, but I must say, it's kicking my ass.

First, I actually measured myself, and I'm a 41, so I cast on the 42 size. Then, I read Glampyre's post, and it sounded like there should be no ease. So, I take into account that the Lt and I will be training for a marathon and that should shrink me some (fingers and toes crossed), so I frogged and re-CO for the 40 size.

So, last night I rent Jarhead and plop my bootee on the sofa for a night of knitting and Marines on TV...cause I don't have enough of the Corps in my life, you see. ANYWAY, I managed to bust out 3 rows. That's right, 3 whole rows. And every single one had a mistake. Even the purl row. Yup, I had to rip a purl row because I screwed up. Who does a YO in a purl row? I think it was the nude Jake Gyllenhall dancing around on the TV. I blame Jake.

The movie was actually pretty good. They all did such a good job playing Marines. They really nailed it. I especially love the part where Jake Gyllenhall is running (under fire) to get a battery, and the comm guys are arguing with each other. I think I know those guys. The guy from Texas? I think I know that guy. Jamie Fox did a great job, who figured him to be such an out-of-this-world talent? I'd watch it again.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:35 AM PDT, Blogger knitannie said…

    I love Orangina. Can't wait to see how it turns out. I am all about summer knitting now that we are moving (back) to Australia.

     
  • At 10:12 AM PDT, Blogger Pam said…

    I can't believe you even ATTEMPTED to knit anything while watching that movie. Even when he wasn't 95% naked he was pretty damn distracting.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home