A Knitter in Transition

My adventures - in knitting, marriage, and moving across hemispheres.

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Quagmire

I'm having one of those awful knitting phases where I just want to read about knitting, learn about knitting, cop a feel on yarn, and admire others' handiwork, but not actually knit myself. Which is not too good right now, as I have 3 projects in the works and one to start and finish NLT June 9. How does this happen? Where are the glorius days of pumping through the back of my Sartene top in only 1 short week?

I think I'm getting stressed out. As some of you know, I'll be moving to Virginia June 1st where I'll be shacking up with an amazing friend for about 6 weeks, getting married in New Orleans June 17th, moving from one VA town to another in mid-July, and ultimately moving all the way to Japan come Halloween. Sounds busy, huh?

I know some people who respond to stress by eating, and some who go into overdrive and tackle it head on. I am the only person I know who responds to stress by sleeping. As if the Keebler elves will come take care of all my shit whilst I dream. Not that I would hate that, but I don't see it happening.

So. I am not knitting, and actually forcing myself to get some planning done. Keep your fingers crossed that I don't crap out and fall asleep in the middle of something important...

In the KIP news: will be at Cupz this evening! Even more exciting: am bringing my "sainted mother." She doesn't knit, but she does very fabulous and tiny needlework on silks and linens. She always laughs to see my "big honkin'" knitting needles. Perhaps we'll convert her to the yarn side after tonight.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:41 PM PDT, Blogger Heather said…

    I'm so bummed I won't be there tonight. And more bummed that you are moving!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home