A Knitter in Transition

My adventures - in knitting, marriage, and moving across hemispheres.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Have you seen this?

Have you seen these knitters? They are fab. No, they're more like FAB. YOU. LUSS.

Clickety and feast your eyes on:
Eunny's Fair Isle Wonder and the fine Cable Shell.
Tweed's Urban Aran.
Amelia Raitte's Sgt Pepper, and Cherry, too.

Mlle Eunny does amazing things with needles and yarn. Her designs remind me of Dumbledore pulling thoughts out of his head with his wand. Eunny's wand is a size 2 addi turbo. Bitchin'. I MUST make that fair isle thingy, and the twisted stitch shell. When her book comes out someday, I will go broke buying yarn for every pattern. Her knits strike me as deceptively simple, finely detailed, and very wearable. There's no over the top, there's no flashy embellishments, there's no chunky-weight yarn.

I've been reading Brooklyn Tweed since I found a link to the Urban Aran a couple of days after he posted it. He's all about construction and (like the Grumpy One) mimics the construction of garments he likes to get the fit he wants. It tickles me pink to read a guy knitters blogs, he comes at designs with a fresh eye. Mostly because there's a huge void in the knit design sector for non-heinous men's patterns and otherwise he'd never knit for himself, but it's a fresh outlook none-the-less.

As far as Ms. Raitte goes, I really love Sgt Pepper, but I'm not sure I could pull it off. I think that in and of its self means I wouldn't, because a garment that flashy requires confidence and style in excess. But, I could do Cherry, baby; I can come out tonight...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home