A Knitter in Transition

My adventures - in knitting, marriage, and moving across hemispheres.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Re: The Schnickerties

Well, they hired the other broad. They suck. In retaliation I may or may not have eaten remaining half a batch of banana pudding that was in the fridge. 'Nilla wafers and insta-pud' will solve anything.

I also went to Jusco (the "mall") and bought fabric and a pattern for a little teeny dress. Mind you, I've yet to plug in the borrowed sewing machine sitting on the guest bed, but I figure if I can turn string into a sweater, surely I'm smart enough to morph mere fabric into a dress. We'll see.

Mainly because I'm too lazy to go get the camera, you'll see no photographic evidence, but I swear it's true: I'm knitting lace. Inspired by Sarah, I put faith in my ability to yarn over, and have begun the IK "Trellis Scarf." It's a tricky little thing, lace. Plus, I HAD to pick a pattern with "Knit 7 tog" in it. What's that all about? In truth, they found a way to really jazz up the k7tog, but as I didn't write it, I won't divulge. However, I'm feeling quite cocky because I've progressed from working only 3 sts at a time before checking the pattern to working a whopping 6! SO STOKED. Not too cocky for lifelines, tho!

All your comments on the Orangina helped me out a lot! I've decided to just keep going with the plan, and am 3x3 ribbing my heart out. Granted, it's teeny cotton, so my hands can only take so much. I figure I'll find a tank or something and just let 'em hang out. It is the SEXY Knitters' Club for a reason, right?

2 Comments:

  • At 5:59 AM PDT, Blogger Sarah said…

    So sorry they hired the other broad!!!

    Yea for knitting lace. It is often just getting over the fear.

    Good luck with sewing. I know you can do it!

     
  • At 3:40 PM PDT, Blogger Mel said…

    Sorry about the job :-( I guess there must be a better one around the corner waiting for you. I'm glad you decided to stick with Orangina. I think it will be damn sexy when completed.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home