A Knitter in Transition

My adventures - in knitting, marriage, and moving across hemispheres.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you

that I got a job. I mentioned it in a previous post, but never mooned on about it.

As of September 18th, I'll be the Secretary to the Commanding General of the Third Marine Logistics Group. I'll be typing and e-mailing and scheduling and spending my paychecks on custom hand-painted cashmere and Michael Kors and some killer Christian Louboutin peep-toe platform superpumps.

Or, maybe I'm dreaming and should count on just the office stuff. Regardless, watch out for me pimpin' it down soutbound highway 58, working the nylons and pearl studs, rocking out to "she works hard for the money" and "jump" (Madonna. You know, very The Devil Wears Prada...only, I'll be in Okinawa wearing Old Navy).

3 Comments:

  • At 7:43 AM PDT, Blogger Sarah said…

    Congrats!

    Love Okinawa in Old Navy.

     
  • At 12:49 PM PDT, Blogger Pam said…

    Congratulations and good luck!

    And when you get those shoes, would you mind picking me up a pair. I'm a 7 1/2. Thx.

     
  • At 9:59 AM PDT, Blogger Jess said…

    Congrats on your job!! I wish i were as lucky!!! still hunting for one here!

    Keep knitting, and that lacy thing looks really good. I also have been working on my cables, and am getting better (they are still a bit out of shape, but stopped droping stiches when i change needles!!!)

    thanks so much again!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home