A Knitter in Transition

My adventures - in knitting, marriage, and moving across hemispheres.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Knitting

Well, I'm not exactly sure where my camera is, so I can't really prove it, buuuut: I've been knitting! I found snippets of time here and there in my day where I can squeeze in a few rows. These snippets are called "driving to work," "lunch hour," and "driving home from work."

Now, you should know a little about this knitting while driving thing. First of all: I drive like a granny most of the time. I don't weave in and out of traffic, I don't gun it thru yellow/red lights, and I don't cut people off. Second: I drive with my knee, whether I'm knitting or not, and have been for years. I'm well practiced. Third: I'm only knitting ribbing on the blasted orangina shell and it's so boring that if I don't have something else to pay attention to while I knit it, I fear I shall never have an FO called orangina.

I'm really saying all this because I know I shouldn't be knitting while I drive, but I don't want to stop cause in the last week I've gotten about 2 inches of ribbing done, which is more than in the last 3 months. I could stop, any time I wanted. Really. I just don't want to.

I've also been working on the Juicy tank on my lunch hours. I'd forgotten how much I like working with the Cotton-Ease, and it knits up pretty quickly, so it's motivating me to pack my lunch and eat light, cause light means quick. I'm almost done with the waist decreasing, so I'm getting close. I think I'm going to have to rip the front piece down to re-work the neck shaping. Somehow I was way off and from bustline to shoulder seam is about a foot. How I went so wrong, I don't know. My numbers worked perfectly for the waist shaping. Hm. Wish me luck.

One thing I've recently gotten interested in is bento. Those little Japanese lunchboxes are so cute! Just last night I bought 2. Plus a chop-stick set to match one. And I got a really cute oshibori (the little cloths to clean your hands before you eat), pink on one side, white on the other, with a little pink rabbit embroidered on. From now on, let's just assume that "painfully cute" is implied in the definition of anything bento related. Check out bentotv and Cooking Cute to see how addictive this can be. Soon, you'll be dreaming of nori punches and cucumber cut-outs.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:49 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds better than the Jacques Penney washcloths soaking in a crockpot that my local Japanese restaurant gives us to wash up. Your SP!

     
  • At 9:26 AM PDT, Blogger Heather said…

    Ok, the driving while you are knitting thing is a little scary.

    I love, love, love the little boxes! Total cute-ness.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home