A Knitter in Transition

My adventures - in knitting, marriage, and moving across hemispheres.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The Ten

It's that time of year. You know, the time for Resolutions. (Insert ominous theme music here.) When considering resolutions for this year, I thought a lot about last year and noticed that I was thinking more about feeling than concrete checks in blocks. I'm looking back at 2006, and it feels apathetic, unambitious, and sluggish. Of course, all of these I let it have. I was one lazy mo' in 2006 and that has got to stop.

Hereafter, the theme for 2007 will be "Fabulously Productive." Fabulous? Look, just because Santa didn't bring me that flat in Paris doesn’t mean I can't decorate like he did. I vow to live fabulously and love it. This is a year of improvement.

And so, here are the "resolutions:"

1. "Obviously, lose 20 pounds." Buy a pair of jaw-dropping Manolos. Buy yoga toes so walking remains possible. Lose another 20 pounds. Buy a traffic-stopping von Furstenberg. Note: Be scantily clad when the visa bills arrive.

2. Acknowledge e-mails, phone messages and birthdays in a timely manner (+/- 7 days. Hey, I said improvement not perfection!).

3. Maintain car cleanliness so that my mother wouldn't scold me if she saw it.

4. Sass up the house. Consider slip covers, or maybe a piece of art. Practice one-in-one-out.

5. Ruthlessly cull closet offerings. Toss anything too large/small/ugly. Fix hems, replace buttons, take in waists. Fuzz bust pilly woolens. Practice one-in-one-out.

6. Groom.

7. Move. Yoga: Master the effing chaturanga;
Cardio: Find a way to make peace with a weekly sweat.

8. Food shall be real, quality, tasty, and truly satisfying. There shall be no guilt.

9. Sticks & String: One hour per day; One FO per month; One garment per quarter; One blog post per week.

10. Ecoute à "Fluent French Audio-Newsletter" régulièrement, pouvoir entendre plus de langue-parlé. Otherwise, it will be very difficult to locate café, croissants, and Louvre should Santa come through next Christmas.

Happy New Year! Peace, prosperity, and lots of yarn to you and yours.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:40 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I used to be really good at Chataranga Dandasana. Not so much these days. An obvious sign (aside from my stomach pudge) that I need to be going to yoga more!

     
  • At 7:05 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Similar resolutions here - particularly with the nutritious and delicious foods.
    SP9

     
  • At 6:08 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HAHA that is great! I love your creativity in your resolutions. At least you have some, and good ones. I guess my best and only resolution is not go insane when the baby comes in 3 months!!!

     
  • At 3:24 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's one ambitious year! I love the Manolos ambition, but how will you ever choose just one pair?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home