A Knitter in Transition

My adventures - in knitting, marriage, and moving across hemispheres.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Knitting jones

OK. So, I finished the felted bag (post later on that one), I finished the baby bolero, I'm at a screeching halt on the mini-Clapotis, and I ripped out all 400 yards of the scarf thing I was working on as a Christmas gift. For THIS holiday, not the last. For once in my life, I'm not procrastinating. Don't count on ever seeing it happen again.

Now I'm at a loss of what to knit. I find myself with 4 skeins of "cost-effective" baby acrylic that is being worked into a charity blanket, and 800 (that's right) 800 yards of Plymouth encore worsted that I have no idea what to do with. The tricky thing is that it's a gift, so I'm not sure about making a garment with it. I'm not even sure I like the stuff, and even the Plymouth company only sees fit to make ponchos and afghans out of it. Luckily, I have only taken the wrap off of 2 out of 4 balls, so maybe some sympathetic LYS owner out there will take pity on me and exchange it.

OK, so maybe the point of this post isn't that I don't have anything to knit, I just don't have anything EXCITING to knit. There's nothing on the needles that I LOVE. We'll just have to see what becomes of the Plymouth.

There is one exciting development: my illustrious roommate is getting a new computer any day now, and there should be pictures soon. I'm sure I'm far more excited than any of you are, but I'm ok with that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home