A Knitter in Transition

My adventures - in knitting, marriage, and moving across hemispheres.

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Wow. So I look pregnant.

OK. Another mostly non-yarn-related post. This one about men and how they should be barred from speech.

So, my best friend's parents just came over, and The Dad is talking to me, and he points at my belly (in his defense, I was sitting) and says, "So, you're pregnant!?"

Um. No.

Haven't all men been schooled to NEVER mention possible pregnancies until either the possibly-preggo woman brings it up, or they've been given the go ahead by their wives? This should be put in the public school ciriculum (along with how to spell ciriculum) mosh-kosh. It should be on the list of things all men should know before being let loose on society. Ladies, do your man a favor, and give him a quick class on what never to say to a woman.

Like the graceful creature that I am, I played it off, citing my "curve acquisition" of the past 5 years. Let me tell you now that I haven't gained an ounce, I've just gotten curvier. In fact, I'm afraid to lose weight, because I think there may be some early wrinkles that are being smoothed out by my "soft femininity." I'm built for comfort, ladies, not speed.

Venting over. Thank you for your support.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:10 PM PDT, Blogger Sarah said…

    Totally true...of course, I have put on weight too so I am curvier.

    I love your " I am built for comfort not speed" comment!

     
  • At 6:10 AM PDT, Blogger Mel said…

    Women have been known to put their foot in their mouth this way also. Yeah, it's not something to bring up. I have a musician friend who sings a song called 'Built for Comfort' and it is so funny (and rings true for me)!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home