A Knitter in Transition

My adventures - in knitting, marriage, and moving across hemispheres.

Monday, June 27, 2005

Holy Moly, she's back!

Well, I'm back. All married up and a world weary car-traveler. The wedding was just beautiful, and I think everyone had a good time at both reception and rehearsal dinner. I know I did! We decided to make a weekend of it, how can you not in New Orleans? Such a beautiful city and tons of fun stuff to do. Before antique/trinket shopping, met up with my maid- and mom-of-honor (my maid of honor's mom has been keeping me in line for years...she rocks!) at Cafe du Monde for beignets and the best cafe au lait EVER. We spent some time getting creeped out on a Haunted History tour, ooooooooo spooky. We had our rehearsal dinner at Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville. The wedding ceremony was in Jackson Square, and the reception in the St. Louis hotel courtyard. The next day we spent some quality family time at the Aquarium of the Americas, touching creepy crawlies and trying not to lose anyone's children.

I guess I better get used to car travel, having married into a family that is firmly opposed to air travel. Me, I just don't get it. Spending days at a time taking turns driving is just not my idea of fun. So, I told the Lt that when we have kids and can't afford to fly places, that HE can drive the kids, I'll meet them at the airport.

Right now I'm in lovely Fredericksburg VA, staying with a great friend. I've decided that since I'm done traveling the world on the USMC's dime, I'll just go from place to place shacking up with my girlfriends. We'll see. I just may wear out my welcome. SO ready to get to Japan, get a house, get my stuff. You never know how much you miss chopping veggies with your favorite knife until it's been in storage for 7 months.

I'm also adjusting to life with only one dog. Had been spoiled with 2 to love in AZ, so it's a little quieter with just one. Well, I guess quieter is not the right word. My friend has 105 pounds of black German Shepherd. He is stunning. But his bark is like the roar of a diesel engine. He is a huge toasted marshmallow. Tons and tons of thick shiny black fur, and the cutest bat-ears. He's so expressive, and is a total ham. He knows exactly what the camera is, and loves to cheese for a shot. As soon as I'm spun up on posting digi-pics (thousands of thanks to Sarah and Illana!) you'll see him.

Got all caught up on everyone's blogs, and you are all out there finishing these amazing projects! Good grief, Kiki even knit herself a dress! It's beautiful, btw. There are tank tops for the booby, bags for the carrying, scarves for charity! Some of you are even buying furniture and re-decorating new houses. So jealous!

I'll post later about the knitting.....

3 Comments:

  • At 10:23 AM PDT, Blogger Heather said…

    We miss you so much!!! So good to hear from you. Tell me you will be posting some wedding pictures...

     
  • At 10:51 AM PDT, Blogger Pam said…

    Whoo Hoo! Congratulations!

     
  • At 5:13 PM PDT, Blogger illanna said…

    Technically my co-blogger, Hila the best friend from kindergarten, made that bag. She just learned a couple of months ago (she rocks).I have been consumed with lace and socks. I am so happy to see your post and I'm glad you are having a good time. I am coming back next week, but I am sad that you will not be there. Have a wonderful time on your trip :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home