A Knitter in Transition

My adventures - in knitting, marriage, and moving across hemispheres.

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Memphis style

I'm finally posting again, after a long time. I'm in Memphis today, y'all, and it's a beautiful day at Graceland. We drove past it, and it's looking good. Going to the Rendezvous tonight for some RIBS!! I love barbeque, any style, especially Memphis style. The Rendezvous specializes in dry ribs, which means with all the seasonings rubbed on while slow cooking, you can wet (sauce) them later if you want.

My beloved Lieutenant graduated from The Basic School on Thursday and was looking super hot in his blues, if I do say so. Regardless of your feelings on the DoD and the warfighting machine that is the USMC, we look hot in our blues! He was faboo and got me a digital camera (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), so I'll put a photo of him up as soon as I learn how. He's now officially a warfighting, strategizing, tactics genius. I'm so proud of him! He was an awesome enlisted Marine, and will make an even better officer. He's a go-getter, and loves leading Marines. Smarts, ambition, and looks, what a lucky girl.

Fine, I'll talk about knitting. The Sartene tank is done, and had it's debut out for dinner at Carraba's Italian. I really love it! I can't tell you what a relief that is, I was deathly afraid that after all that money, work, and time, that it would look awful/not fit/be ugly/etc. But, it's very cute, and very comfortable. I'll post notes when I can put up a photo.

I also worked up and felted the handle and a pocket for the felted bag I "created." Also made a little i.d. or lipstick pocket with a fold-over flap. I think the recipient will enjoy it. Felted these pieces in a different machine, and it only took one cycle, whodathunk? Guess the machine makes as much difference as the wool used?

The baby bolero is in it's final stage, all ends have been woven in, and all seams have been sewn. Now all I have to do is pick up hundreds of tiny stitches and knit on the ribbed edging. Pray for me as I begin this harrowing endeavor.

Well fellow yarn goddesses, I leave you now as I hear the siren song of ribs and slaw...may the force be with you. A

4 Comments:

  • At 6:23 PM PDT, Blogger Heather said…

    We miss you!! I hope you are having a wonderful time and getting to spend lots of time with your hubby. When do you leave for Japan?

     
  • At 10:44 PM PDT, Blogger Mel said…

    mmmmmm.... Barbeque! I'm so glad that you will be posting pictures soon. And congrats to your man on his graduation. I do appreciate a man in a uniform :-)

     
  • At 7:59 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Men in uniform... hubba hubba!

    It's great to hear that things are going well and you are having good knitting karma. :)

     
  • At 8:50 AM PDT, Blogger Sarah said…

    Yea! It sounds like a really nice weekend! I bet you looked great in your new tank.

    Ooohh...digital photos. I will send you the info Illanna sent to me that really helped me out a lot!

    I bet hubby looks great in his dress blues!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home