A Knitter in Transition

My adventures - in knitting, marriage, and moving across hemispheres.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

A Whirlwind Tour

Here's a quick tour through history, geography, biology, and culture. Enjoy.

This is a shot of the Lt being attacked by a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

One of the best pics I've taken yet. Some type of exotic orchid, currently in residence at the National Botanic Gardens.

My mom and I at the Court of Two Sisters, New Orleans. This is my Bridal Brunch/Shower. My maid of honor and her mom treated us all to awesome food in a beautiful courtyard. That's not a tree we're under, it's a massive grape arbor that covers almost the entire courtyard!

The view out the window of our honeymoon suite in the French Quarter. The FQ is one of the most beautiful places, it's so romantic and kitchy and historic and lewd all at the same time.

A waterfall somewhere outside Asheville, NC. The Lt and I visited 3 or 4 waterfalls that afternoon, and they were all so beautiful. This one was massive. I think it had a drop off of around 100 feet, it made you feel about boot-top high.

Mac being a baby. He's such a teddy-bear. The funny thing is about 30 seconds after this picture, he opened up on someone for walking around in their own yard!

Indian henna painting. I got it at the Asian Festival in Reston, VA. The lady who did it was beautiful, and had the part in her hair henna'ed, and her hair too.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:18 PM PDT, Blogger Sarah said…

    Love the photos! It is like we are almost there with you!

    I love the French Quarter.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home