A Knitter in Transition

My adventures - in knitting, marriage, and moving across hemispheres.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Goodies!!

I don't want to brag, but I HAVE THE. BEST. S. P. EVER.

I got off work a little early yesterday, and actually had time to hit up the mail room for my stuff. You know, bills, other people's catalogs, and boxes. I'm really only going for the boxes. As if you'd ever check you mail if no boxes came!!

Anyhoo, there's TWO boxes! One from Italy with my New Year's Eve Masquerade Party masks...delivered on Jan 9th. Then there was the best one, the rockin' one, the one with YARN. I didn't even wait to get home. I ripped into it right there in the parking lot, using my keys to cut the tape. The most amazing herby lavender-minty smell was coming from the box as soon as I cut the tape, so imagine my surprise when my greedy little fingers pried the lid off a candle and it smells like: vanilla? "YES, that means there's more!!!!"

The camera returns from her trip tonight, but I want to tell you about this NOW. Here's what I got: Nerds gumballs, one didn't make it out of the parking lot! A very sexy-smelling French Vanilla Oak candle, smells so sultry and perfect for bedside, wink wink nugde nudge. The Lavender-Mint yumminess is a bar of goat's milk soap. The label says it's the real deal, and so does my nose. Zesty, herby, woody, green: PERFECT. It feels like it will be very creamy and you can still smell a teeny bit of the goat milk, which I love, as they don't have chevre here and I really love the goatiness. (Oddly enough, I can't tolerate mohair.) Some SOAK woolwash, one citrus, one aqua; both incentive to work up something and block it!

The gilding on the lily is a frickin' gorgeous -huge- hank of alpaca wool blend fingering weight in the tastiest of colorways. It's sorbet shades of raspberry, blackberry, mango and lime. I have no idea how, but the dyer managed to go from lime to blackberry without a hint of brown, just lime and blackberry at the same time. Now, y'all know I've never been a sock knitter, but I may or may not have just printed off a pattern for some toe-ups.

What you may not know about me, is that I'm a yarn sniffer. That's right. Now, SP, don't judge me, but I drove home from the post office yesterday with my face right down in that skein, loving the minty-herby-alpaca-y goodness.

THANKS!!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:20 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Relief! I had crossed that one off to "lost in FPO land." The last one went out on Friday (later than I told you... no excuse). Not as yummy to smell, but alas...
    SP9

     

Post a Comment

<< Home