A Knitter in Transition

My adventures - in knitting, marriage, and moving across hemispheres.

Monday, November 14, 2005

Knitting in the Afternoon

Yesterday, I got together with some of my knitting buddies, and it was awesome! It was so nice to see everyone before I'm gone for who knows how long. I can't guarantee frequent trips home, it being a 14 hour flight and all!

I got to see Pam, Sara, Heather, and Melanie. I missed the Lucious Graciouses (how on earth do you pluralize that?), Illana and Eva. Illana was slaving over hot yarn and sharp needles at Jessica Knits, and Eva was out of town. Being less gracious than the LG's, I somehow managed to think I emailed them when I didn't, so, that sucks for me.

We all met out at Coffee Rush in Chandler, and I got to see some great projects. It's hard to keep yourself motivated with no other real live knitters nearby, the whole virtual motivation thing only works for me when it comes to buying yarn and casting on yet another project! Let's see, we were working on:

Me: super-secret-gift Dale project on very tiny needles.
Pam: a crocheted sweater with very pretty lacy bell sleeves.
Sarah: the still-lost points shawl. Really gorgeous magenta/purple type yarn.
Heather: feather and fan baby blanket, and healing a new tattoo!! Both are beautiful.
Melanie: seaming her argyle vest (can't wait to see it all done and debuted!), and frantically working on some gift scarves.

It was a great afternoon, and I felt so loved that everyone would come out on an off-kilter day to fling some yarn!

3 Comments:

  • At 2:47 PM PST, Blogger Creative Genius? said…

    Crap - I missed you?? Damn I hate it when that happens... You didn't email me either... I could have flown back!?!?!

    Ok--- in my dreams I could have flown back... I wish-- but I am still sad that I missed you! I hope you had a fantastic time with everyone...

    So tell us what your future travel schedule is for where you are going next - your life is way more interesting then mine :-)

     
  • At 4:42 PM PST, Blogger illanna said…

    Hey now, you went and changed the name of your blog! I looked at my bloglines thinking "who the hell is knitter in transition? did I subscribe to some blog in my SLEEP?" Then I realized that it was you, and that you posted to your blog, and that you missed me. Woohoo! Hope to see you this week. Next you have to go to Georgia to see La Casa del Alison.

     
  • At 10:17 AM PST, Blogger Heather said…

    I am so glad I got to see you before you left on your big adventure! I'm going to miss you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home