A Knitter in Transition

My adventures - in knitting, marriage, and moving across hemispheres.

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Project Slut

That's right. I've become a project slut. Going from project to project, never using needle protectors, indiscriminantly buying yarn, and yet, I still yearn for more.

So far, the damage isn't too bad, I've only got 3 things on the needles. Pics of all to come soon...wink wink.
1. Vogue knits classic cardigan (winter 05, project 35)
2. Self-designed fair-isle and intarsia sweater for nephew
3. Scarf for my mentor's birthday

In less selfish knitting, there are soon to be needled some afghans for friends of mine whose burden of wordly possessions was greatly lightened by Hurricane Katrina. While the Red Cross does worlds, they could still use some good hand-knit love.

The VK cardigan is coming along, I'm nearly done with the first sleeve. Oh - I knit a sleeve first, it's less boring for me to do a bazillion rows of st-st that way.

This nephew-sweater, hereafter christened the Technicolor Dream-Sweater (TDS) is an exercise in math, colorwork, charting, and INSANITY. It's based off of another pattern I've already worked, it's very simple, but, of course, the gauge for the yarn I chose is nowhere near the gauge for the already written pattern. I'm working in Lion Brand Microspun, and LOVING it! It's so soft and fleecy, it feels almost sueded worked up. My inner creative imp has been kneading the idea for this sweater for about 2 months now, and it's got to get out and into some yarn. Keep your fingers crossed for me as the recipient turns 5 on Nov 5, 2005, and will need this TDS to keep toasty in Ohio.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:05 PM PST, Blogger Bonne Marie said…

    OMG! I never thought of calling it that but it's PERFECT!

    I think I actually have FIVE things going on but will maybe admit to, eh, 3?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home